(ET) Front lift strap keeps breaking

So far this month (January 2019), we have had about 98 cm of snow (about 40 inches). Fortunately, I picked up an E15 the summer before last and now have it re-powered (sealed lead-acid golf car batteries and 12-amp charger). Got a snowblower turning nicely and attached. Battery holds up to 2-3 hours of operation without getting seriously drained despite cold-soaking (unheated storage).

Had some tire issues, but a friend recommended Green Slime. Seems to have resolved the sidewall crack leak, so the 40-year-old tires will hopefully last a bit longer. (Will probably replace all the rubber in the summer, when working outdoors is a more hospitable. It's cold here this winter, even by Ottawa standards - repeated frostbite warnings. On the plus side, no mosquitoes.)

I wanted the snowblower going, because by Christmas the snowbanks were already over 4 feet high, and defeating the E12 with the plow blade.

I estimate in the 15-20 hours of run time I have done this month on the E15, I have lifted the blower 400-500 times. (Areas I do involve short runs and not enough space to turn around, so a lot of backing up and transiting with the blower lifted.) Yesterday, I broke another lift strap. Looks to be simple wear, breaking at the roller on the blower frame. I double loop to get the mechanical advantage, and the lift motor (replaced last fall) is working a charm. Roller sleeve and side washers all appear smooth, so should not be fraying the strap.

Has anyone come across a highly durable lift strap? I would just like to carry out this replacement exercise less frequently.

--
Darryl McMahon
Freelance Project Manager (sustainable systems)