(ET) 18650 Li Ion Batteries?

I've searched around to find an example of someone using an 18650 based battery pack to repower their Elec-Trak without success. I've got a supply of discarded laptop batteries that I'm slowly working through to recover the 18650 cells and I'm not thinking that they may be useful to power my Elec-Trak. I'm not sure I'd be able to make a pack large enough to be comparable to a lead acid system but it would be cheaper to build than buying all new lead acid batteries for just light tractor work. Does anyone have experience with this type of build?

Thanks!
Keith