Re: (ET) E12 wiring

On 25 Jul 2018 at 12:46, Dean Stuckmann via Elec-trak wrote:

> Unless you are doing a complete restoration, I would consider
> upgrading to an Altrax before a complete rewire

You might get lucky and get one if there are any remaining in stock
anywhere.  However, Alltrax no longer builds the DCX300-ET controller.

The DCX300 range had gotten quite aged, and they've replaced it with a new
series.  Unfortunately, sales of the DCX300-ET model weren't large enough
justify the cost of developing an ET model for the new range.  There just
weren't enough ET owners interested in that kind of improvement, I guess.

Word is that Jim Coate is now selling a GE controller set up for ETs with
wound field motors.  Unfortunately it's not cheap, but then the Alltrax
wasn't either, there at the end.  And IMO the improvement in tractor
usability with a PWM controller is worth the cost, but that's just me.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA