(ET) Charger fixed

Thanks to list member Ben Griffith, my E15 is charging again. A while ago I mentioned that my charger released its magic smoke (first it sounded odd while I ran it with the main disconnect open, and then when I closed the disconnect, albeit with the charger off, magic smoke was released). Ben gave me his original charger from his E15. I pulled the transformer out of it, and put it in place of mine, and it's all happy again. I think the secondary coil must have fried, perhaps creating an open circuit (although I thought I had checked that). Before putting his transformer in, mine would sound like it was operating properly (the hum from the primary coil being powered), but there was no output.

It seems to be charging much better now as well. The issue it was previously having with it having trouble getting past first speed seems to be gone (I had suspected it was being caused by low voltage from the pack).

Thanks Ben!

Mike

Michael S. Briggs, PhD
UNH Physics Department