Re: (ET) Ok, 400a fuse it is...

I am not sure . I did once measure the locked rotor current that I could get with the drive motor on my E12 held from moving. It has a big PM motor for the drive, not one with a field winding. I prevented the motor from turning by putting the frame against an immovable object. Used the power pulse to get full power. I used a scope with a precision 0.001ohm resistor [very high power, non inductive] to make the measurement. The locked rotor current peaked at about 300Amps.
It had a decent set of flooded cell golf cart batteries at the time.

Dave