Re: (ET) 8v battery in the mix?

The other thing - I had one set make it to around 7 years. But they were pretty well past end of life - I am specifically talking about flooded cell - my understanding from battery info generally 5 years is end of life. After that, capacity starts dropping more rapidly, self discharge increases. I've run more than 1 set into that state. When I had a tiny yard and driveway, I could get away with it. It also cost more electricity to keep them charged, and more frequently adding water.

With the existing batteries at 7-10 years, I'd just get a new set. Or an entire used set, but the last time I checked into that locally, the cost vs years of service the new ones worked out to be a better deal.

Dave