Re: (ET) E-15 not getting out of first speed & reverse relays

On 23 May 2017 at 12:24, Hank Ralston wrote:

> Who is the dealer for them ?

Jim Coate's Electric Tractor store offers them.

http://electrictractorstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=
41

https://v.gd/iA132i

Unfortunately, the price has more than doubled since I bought mine 13
years
ago.  :-(

You don't have to spend another $100 for the potbox if you're reasonably
handy and can find a way to adapt a good quality 5k pot to the job.  Early
Curtis potboxes used a rather clever setup similar to the dial cord in an
old radio, with thin steel cable instead of dial cord string.

Some automotive throttle position sensors are also suitable.  You'd have
check the specs to make sure the resistance is the right value, or take an
ohmmeter out to the junkyard.

Another option is an arcade game joystick or pedal.  Happ makes some, and
they go for low prices on Ebay now and then.

There are other electronic controller options, many of which are cheaper,
but they require more electronics chops to adapt.

You should be able to find some fuirther discussions of this in the list
archive.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA