Re: (ET) E-15 not getting out of first speed & reverse relays

On 22 May 2017 at 14:58, Hank Ralston wrote:

> reverse relays ... fuse up ... Achilles heel of the tractor ...

My reversing relays didn't fuse; rather, they burned and pitted until they
didn't make proper contact.  That was the main reason I ripped all that
stuff out.

I bought one of the first Alltrax ET controllers built (got it directly
from
the factory).  But I didn't get round to installing it right away.  You
know
how it is. :-)

And them came the blustery winter day when I plowed the driveway with the
hood open and the relay panel tilted out, so I could reverse the tractor
by
pushing on the relay contacts.

Cold as it was, the next weekend I was out in the garage installing the
Alltrax.

A modern controller made my E15 a civilized machine.  I'd never go back.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA