Re: (ET) E-15, need a smart battery charger guidance & recommendations

OTHER CHARGERS: If anyone has had positive experiences with other charger
brands, please post your comments.

I have been using a Soneil 3610SRF-B for a year or so.  With a new set of Batteries from Sam's, the slightly lower capacity choice of the 2 sizes they carried.

Previously, I had used the OEM charger for the main recharge, then the low power float charger I built decades ago would keep them up.  I've used a few sets of new batteries, and a few sets of used ones from a local battery shop.  The used ones used to be a good deal, but lately, the cost savings disappeared.

I got at least 5 years out of the new sets, half that or so out of the used ones, which at less than half the price, was worth it.

I switched to the Soneil because I wanted to be more sure that the float was better controlled.  My only complaint so far is the standby power it uses is excessive.  The thing is hot all the time, like it's wasting 5 or so watts self heating.  My simple float only was set up to draw very little power other than what it needed to push into the battery.

I have been thinking about getting 3 of these Schumacher SEM1562A-CA chargers...   I have one of these on my generator to keep it's starting battery alive.  It draws a fraction of a watt when in idle mode.

I saw on the other thread, I should get a model that hits harder for the charging, and I'd need some circuit to monitor that all 3 pairs are in the same state of charge to avoid damage if one charger failed.

I also see that Schumacher makes a 36V golf car charger:
INC-3625A

Dave