From: bushman165s--- via Elec-trak [mailto:elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu]
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2017 8:40 PM
To: Charlie <medievalist gmail com>; Elec-Trak <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Subject: Re: (ET) E-15 clacks in forward, buzzes in reverse, doesn't move.

Lots of small things to consider with this kind of a problem. I would check voltages on the fuse block, specifically top and bottom of each fuse. Make sure the holder is making good contact on both sides with minimal voltage drop. The fuse holders degrade over time and can be problematic for everything.

Someone did mention checking all switches in the speed control and I'll second that. The Start switch gets a lot of use and contacts may be burnished. Failing reverse switches can be culprits also.

There was a factory update for the reverse relay on the early E-15 models. Don't have the docs in front of me, but i believe it added a diode for one side of the coil. Y ou might check to make sure that has been done. I have a "CA" and pretty sure I added it to mine when I first started working on it due to a similar startup problem.

Good Luck,

Chad