Re: (ET) Steering skipping

 Doug,
 There is a pretty good chance that either the gear on the steering wheel
shaft is worn from skipping or that the same may be true of the fan gear.
On top of that, the fan gears are extremely prone to becoming loose on the
shaft, allowing it to flex forward and consequently skipping. If the fan
gear is loose but both gears are in good condition, the fan gear should be
welded solid to the shaft. I do this routinely when rebuilding tractors.
Then the shaft with the fan gear on it must be forced back against the
steering wheel shaft gear and shims installed until you can just barely
get the cotter pin in anymore.
 Sincerely,
 Harold Zimmerman
 Clean Power Supply
 Ephrata PA
 717-859-4234
 Supplier of parts for General Electric Elec-Trak, New Idea and Wheel
Horse Electric Tractors.