(ET) ugh - bent / broke flange of blade hub

I decided to start rebuilding another one of my deck motors - and it didn't go so well. With the first one I did, I didn't have a split bearing puller, so I made my own version from some old composite decking to use when pulling the blade hub off (I cut out a donut and cut that in half, and screwed it together to hold it onto the blade hub). It worked nicely.

For some reason, I decided to buy an actual split bearing puller - shouldn't have done that. It doesn't seem to spread the force out all the way around the blade hub flange as well as my composite donut puller does - and the result was that the flange bent and even cracked. D'oh.

So, how can I go about getting this flange off now that the flange is compromised? I could try using my composite donut, but since part of the flange is already bent and broken away, I'm not sure how well it will work (I'll try it anyway). Assuming that doesn't work - can I pry it down from above without damaging anything? (maybe put two long screwdrivers going opposite directions up above the blade hub, and use them as levers to try to pry it downward)

Any other thoughts?

And hopefully somebody sells used blade hubs....

Thanks,

Mike

Michael S. Briggs, PhD
UNH Physics Department