From: Steve Welch <oneoldbird icloud com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 8:16 PM
To: Briggs, Michael
Cc: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Best undercoating option for mower deck

Mike,

I've had similar struggles with POR-15 and other treatments.  My last go-round, I used several coats of the POR-15 silver/gray primer after a thorough sandblasting.  Didn't bother to apply a topcoat to the underside.  That has stuck better than anything else thus far (several years on it now), though it is not perfect either.  I have also tried to minimize my use of water under the deck, reasoning that getting it wet frequently might be worse than damp grass stuck under there.  Don't really know, though.

This subject comes up from time to time on this list and I am not sure there is a foolproof solution.  Someone needs to engineer an affordable composite deck... :^)

Steve