(ET) E-20 problem

Hi all and thanks in advance for any help.
I have a E-20 CA model that only has speed 1 and 5. When I advance the foot switch nothing happens between or after those speeds. At one time no speeds worked and the asbestos heat sink/toaster would get very hot. one of the ceramic whatevers on card 4 is loose and I will re-solder that connection. This is my wife's hauler for the vineyard and its getting to be that time. Any help or leads are appreciated.
Chris Mahan
608 632-1534
SW Wisconsin