(ET) E-15 hulk status: Hot mess

What a mess this poor E15 is. I'm trying to have it be the unit that is hooked up to the mower deck, so I took the deck out of the shed from its' winter nap, hooked it up, and promptly broke the totally shot lift strap.

Tried fixing strap, broke again in the weeds. More important the mower didn't seem to be working well so rolled it in to check.

The right-most motor (tall style) was completely seized up. Great. And when I went to replace it with a short motor I found that the wires to it had been shorted all the way to the interconnection on the left side. Sigh. Apparently the Klixon sacrificed itself by instantly welding shut as opposed to... well, being a breaker.

Swapped motors and broke the lift again. So I pounded out the lift, and am completely re-building it over the next week. Can't really mow without a lift.

The motor by the way did not have a shattered magnet, it looks like the bottom bearing was totally seized. Not sure why, everything was fine when I put it up. Good thing I have the gas Craftsman.