Re: (ET) ET Headlights

On 22 Feb 2016 at 16:01, Eric Adams via Elec-trak wrote:

> I plan to add some illumination of some sort to the rear, but haven't
> decided how quite yet.

I thought I remembered seeing an ET pictured, possibly in a GE brochure,
that had a backup light.  I checked my old GE brochures, though, and I see
only a taillight kit, not a backup light.  So presumably that wasn't
really
a factory option.

But it shouldn't be tough to add a backup light.  If you have an Alltrax
controller, pin 3 on the control connector is the backup light or beeper
driver.  You'll need a relay, as this can only sink up to 50ma.  Or just
use
a SPDT switch for your reversing switch.

With the earlier GE factory controls, you could probably parallel a second
reverse relay with the first.  I don't have any experience with the ETs
that
reverse the armature polarity to reverse the tractor.

I haven't bothered with any of this so far.  I just WEAR a headlight - the
kind that straps onto your head.  The light goes where I'm looking.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA