Re: (ET) ET Headlights

On 19 Feb 2016 at 19:29, Eric Adams via Elec-trak wrote:

> 10W ...  900 lumens ...

Superbright LEDs sells pretty good stuff.  They generally seem to rate
their
lights honestly, unlike many of the Chinese ebay sellers.

So assuming these really do produce 900 lumens, they should give you over
twice the light of the stock bulbs, which are rated 402 initial lumens, at
something less than half the power (10W vs 23W).  It's also a much higher
color temperature (more bluish light), which is better for night vision.

If it's the $35 one on the website, I don't think the price is excessive
for
what you're getting.

If what you want is the most lumens per dollar, though, the aircraft
landing
lights are a better deal, and will bury them for raw light output.
They're
1500 lumens each for around $14 per.  But they chow down 10 times the
power
(100W), and will produce a fair bit of heat.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA