Re: (ET) FRont Steering bearing replacement

 Steve,
 I would also avoid removing the entire assembly if possible. If you
remove the two 5/16" bolts holding the front bearing in place you should
be able to remove the pressed steel pieces leaving only the ball on the
shaft. You should then be able to tap the ball forward off the shaft using
a punch and hammer if necessary. The pressed steel pieces were a weak spot
on those. I have new assemblies that are made with thicker steel if you
need one.
 Sincerely,
 Harold Zimmerman
 Clean Power Supply
 Supplier of parts for General Electric Elec-Trak, New Idea and Wheel
Horse Electric Tractors.
 Ephrata PA
 717-859-4234