Re: (ET) E16 excessive motor draw

On 2 Nov 2015 at 19:58, Dean Stuckmann wrote:

> I'm thinking about installing the DCX-300ET controller instead of messing
> with the old stuff. Any one have a bad experience using this?

Mine's been working great for several years now.  It nuked all the
headaches
with rotting old control cards and flaky relays.  I'd never go back.

> Also I see that a Curtis PB-6 pot is a throttle option. Are there
> others?

Any decent 5K potentiometer will work.

> I would prefer not to have a separate fwd/rev switch and the keep the
> normal throttle action of pushing forward for forward and pulling back
> for reverse like the original setup. Anything out there like that?

I don't know of anything.  I thought I remembered that Happ Controls made
an
arcade controller that was usable, but  now I can't seem to find it online.

I guess you could adapt the old GE lever with a bunch of appropriate
carbon
resistors, but then you'd lose the fine control that lets you move the
tractor by centimeters.

Maybe you could make something with parts from here:

http://www.4qd.co.uk/accs/pots.html

You'd need a linkage that would open the potentiometer in both directions,
but trigger a microswitch in the reverse direction.

I use an old Solectria potbox and a manual reverse switch on mine, but
sometimes I wish I still had the joystick style interface.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA