(ET) E16 excessive motor draw

Hi,
I have and E16 that is drawing excessive power, overheats, and then kicks
out the thermal breaker after about 20 minutes of use (D1 speed 7). It
does not seem to be the motor or thermal breaker as I replaced them with
ones from my E15 and it does the same thing. It has all of its speeds but
there is little difference between speeds one and two. It will be at the
green/yellow line running wide open in neutral. And draws yellow/red when
in the higher ranges. This is the same tractor that had speed issues about
a year ago with a blown diode on the small square card.

This started about 2 months ago. At first I though that is was a problem
with the power use meter - but as weeks went on I noticed less range and
then as of late - the thermal breaker would kick in. Could it be that the
motor in in multiple speeds at once somehow?

I’m thinking about installing the DCX-300ET controller instead of messing
with the old stuff. Any one have a bad experience using this? Also I see
that a Curtis PB-6 pot is a throttle option. Are there others? I would
prefer not to have a separate fwd/rev switch and the keep the “normal”
throttle action of pushing forward for forward and pulling back for
reverse like the original setup. Anything out there like that?

And lastly, I noticed that my E15, E16 and EGT150 have between .5 and 1.5V
at the PTO outlet (when nothing is plugged into the outlet). It even has
that reading when the power is disconnected or in the case of the E15,
when the motor thermal breaker is disconnected for a motor swap.  Any
thoughts? Or is that something that is normal? I only know the basics of
electrics but I don’t know where that would come from. Anyone else notice
that? My I-5 does not show any voltage.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dean A. Stuckmann