(ET) DIY Smart Battery Charger

Hi folks,

In regards to using a ?smart? battery charger, I offer this link to start a discussion on building one:

http://archive.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_102420/article.html

About 2/3 down the archive is the pertinent article describing a DIY smart battery charger:

"PICAXE-controlled battery charger"

Although the design is for a 12-volt lead acid battery, I hope someone could adapt the circuit/code for the ET 36-volt battery bank?

My only knowledge of microprocessors is the Picaxe. So I would prefer the adaptation be designed around a 08M2 or larger Picaxe microprocessor.

Thoughts?

Cheers, David