Re: (ET) Further front lift disassembly woes

I looked at the photos on Markus Lorch's excellent E20 lift motor page
at http://markus.lorch.net/et/lift-motor.html and figured out what was
going on.

Basically there was caked, gummy grease holding the worm gear in.
When I put a drift into the top hole and hit it with a mallet
everything came apart easily.

The brushes are about twice as thick as a matchbook cover.  Some how
they kept working until the pigtail wore free on one of them.

New 1/4" square carbon brushes are on order from McMaster Carr, and
other than that I'm just going to do a thorough cleaning and
regreasing.  If the circuit breaker can't be made to behave, I'll use
R. J.'s trick and just bypass it entirely.

Thanks for all the help and advice guys!

--Charlie