Re: (ET) Need E-12 bare deck

Don't have one myself, but noticed something yesterday: My E20 deck had a crack in the steel on the top, right at the end of the discharge chute spot. Apparently the bolt that went through the blanking plate fell out, and the force back from the wheel flexed the deck till it cracked.

New bolt in and deck is ok, but I will need to wirebrush/grind/weld it this summer. However how in the name of heck does a side discharge deck maintain any sort of integrity? And should I put some angle-iron in there to stiffen this spot?