Re: (ET) cordless string trimmers & mower blade balancing

1.) I also have the Black & Decker 36V Lithium-ion set (weed wacker/hedge trimmer/leaf blower).  I love the set.  The weed wacker performs great.  The blower is good for light duty stuff.  AC leaf blower works much better.  The hedge trimmer has excellent run time and a great cut.  It cuts better than my AC hedge trimmer.  The fact that I have 3 batteries is nice too.  I would recommend this set.

2.) As for blade balancing, I eyeball/center the blades on an old cone balancer.  My balancer has the stepped cone and none of the steps fit the blades.  It seems to work fine.  No complaints from me.  No vibrations from the deck.

Billy

From: Charlie <medievalist gmail com>
To: Elec-Trak <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 9:56 PM
Subject: Re: (ET) cordless string trimmers & mower blade balancing

1) I've had the 36volt Lithium-ion black and decker string trimmer for
a couple years now and it still works good.  I like the variable speed
setting because it lets me conserve battery power when I'm trimming
soft stuff, and I like the 36vdc because I plan to make an accessory
cord and plug it into the I-5 at some point.  The charger overheats if
you run it in direct sun or if you put it on anything soft like
carpet, but works indoors on a hard surface.

2) Sadly, the best word to describe how I balance my deck blades is "poorly".

--Charlie