Re: (ET) When did they start making car batteries out of gold?? :-)

All metals prices vary by supply & demand.  Also add in the cost of energy has gone up a lot.  It takes a lot of energy to get the lead, process it, etc.  The cost of shipping is higher for the same reason - energy prices.  And regulations are more onerous now.   And all the higher taxes and fees.   All of those cause the price of a product to go higher.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

tb <tbamc gbta net> wrote:

I've been familiar with the price of deep-cycle batteries for the E-T the last 4 or 5 years, but for no definite reason (weight, sales volume, etc) thought they were considerably more expensive than car batteries.

Had to buy a car battery recently and found that O'Reilly had nothing less than $105.  That's not much less than new E-T batteries and a huge increase in the last 10 years or so.

I would GUESS that technology and manufacturing isn't significantly different in the last 10, 20, 30 (?) years so just curious as to why the big jump?  Is lead scarce?  EPA?  Greed?  :-)

Thanks.

Thon