Re: (ET) When did they start making car batteries out of gold?? :-)

Part of the problem is most of the population of United States believes our money grows on trees.

So we print up money with nothing behind it for what we cannot afford to buy.

The dollar has gone down in value, do to our spending as a nation.

Lead never was real durable, and the price of all metals has gone up.

Its a good thing battery chemistry has improved because now there are better options.

A 40AH CALB cell has about the same performance as 65 to 80AH lead acid and far more service life. The real cost difference between lead and LiFePo4 is not as great. LiFePo4 has not only come down some but has been improved over the last few years. More capacity and longer cycle life.

As an example the 100AH CALB CA cells are 114AH or higher at a 1C load (A 100 amp load). Yet you buy the cell based on a 100AH price. Most lead acid capacity testing is done at far lower loads.

I can provide CALB cells for the lowest prices in the United States.

You can see them at this link

A few on this list has already bought CALB cells.

Don Blazer