Re: (ET) Sparks!

<so essentially no current flows through it. No sparks or melting probes
should result.>

That was my sort of intuitive thought, but…….    On more careful
inspection I see that the probe was long enough to hit  both the large
contact and the coil at the same time--and apparently did.  So much for
that mystery.

Still don't know what's going on though:

I have 38v on ALL coil terminals with throttle in high position, but motor
is running in only medium (maybe) speed.

I can definitely hear a change in speed when moving the throttle from low
to medium, but it seems a fairly small change.

I measure 38v on 1F and 2F large contacts, as expected, but only measure
2.3v on both 1A lg contacts, even though I've heard  a speed change from
low.  Same measurement on both ends of 1R (0v on the other end of 2R).

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Thon