Re: (ET) Sparks!

 I may have misunderstood what you were doing, but here's what you can do:
 With throttle on full speed FORWARD, check for the presence of approx.
36volts on the coils (small terminals) of both 1A and 2A. Next check
VOLTAGE across the contacts (big terminals) of both 1A and 2A. Any voltage
shown should be minimal, representing only the voltage drop across the
contacts.