Re: (ET) Wheel Horse E-15

If your budget allows, I'd recommend simply removing the whole Apollo-era
mess and fitting a modern electronic PWM controller.

Alltrax makes one tailored to the E15, and that should work for yours too.

Several people have successfully used Curtis controllers, I think even the
series-motor models (you would need to devise a scheme to power the field
as
you hit the "throttle").  A 4QD PMM controller should also work well, with
the field energized by its brake relay.

I really like my Alltrax.  If you go with that, follow the installation
directions carefully.  Like any other piece of electronic gear, it can be
damaged by incorrect installation.

Just for variety, if I were reworking an ET today, I'd probably try the
4QD.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA