Re: (ET) chain

On 2/28/2013 10:46:34 P.M. Charlie  medievalist gmail com wrote:

> But I figure if I run into a situation  where the studs aren't enough
> grip
> I'll switch to ag tires rather than  going with chains.

Charlie, in my experience ag tires are no good on ice. I have a farm
tractor (Farmall BN) that turns into a helpless cripple on ice. My
snowblower is
on my Wheel Horse 655 with ag tires, and I have to use chains for blowing
snow or I have real problems getting around, even on frozen sod.

Erv Troyer
Lagrange, IN