Re: (ET) chain

I agree.  It seems I always have ice to contend with and chains are a must.  The chains go on the tractor when the blade does.  I even have chains on my walk-behind snow thrower.  BTW...Chains are nice for pushing dirt & gravel also.

I go the REALLY easy route with my tire chains.  I have an extra set of wheels/tires with chains already installed.  I just swap out the wheels/tires and I'm in business!

Billy

From: "Reo43 aol com" <Reo43 aol com>
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Sent: Friday, March 1, 2013 8:27 AM
Subject: Re: (ET) chain

On 2/28/2013 10:46:34 P.M. Charlie  medievalist gmail com wrote:

> But I figure if I run into a situation  where the studs aren't enough grip
> I'll switch to ag tires rather than  going with chains.

Charlie, in my experience ag tires are no good on ice. I have a farm
tractor (Farmall BN) that turns into a helpless cripple on ice. My snowblower is
on my Wheel Horse 655 with ag tires, and I have to use chains for blowing
snow or I have real problems getting around, even on frozen sod.

Erv Troyer
Lagrange, IN