Re: (ET) chain

On Fri, Mar 01, 2013 at 08:27:14AM -0500, Reo43 aol com wrote:
> On 2/28/2013 10:46:34 P.M. Charlie  medievalist gmail com wrote:
>
> > But I figure if I run into a situation  where the studs aren't enough
> > grip
> > I'll switch to ag tires rather than  going with chains.
>
> Charlie, in my experience ag tires are no good on ice. I have a farm
> tractor (Farmall BN) that turns into a helpless cripple on ice. My
> snowblower is
> on my Wheel Horse 655 with ag tires, and I have to use chains for
> blowing
> snow or I have real problems getting around, even on frozen sod.

How about ag tires with studs? :-)

Been interestinbg reading this, I have a steep driveway which I've never
been able to blow or plow with my E15 - strong conviction that if it got
to the bottom, it would stay there until Spring. Maybe I never put the
chains on tightly enough. I feel like ag tires might be better in snow
than the turf tires, despite maybe being worse on ice.

Graham