Re: (ET) 36 to 14V

On 3 Jan 2013 at 14:00, RJ Kanary wrote:

> The analogy intended was "Don't spend what you don't have".

Always good advice. ;-)

>  And let's face it. the Federal Government is a fine example of how NOT
> to do many things.

I would argue that the this is at least partly because many of our
legislators believe in their hearts that government is always the problem,
never the solution.  They then set out to prove themselves right.

In effect, instead of working for us, they're working against us.

Why Americans continue to vote into office people who think that their
highest calling is to make government fail - that is, NOT do their jobs -
is
a mystery to me.

However, I'm not here to talk politics.  (Thank goodness.)

> "Lucas Smoke" is the generic term for the result of
> electrical/electronic equipment failure.Once the smoke is allowed to
> escape, it doesn't function any more. :(

I call that "magic smoke."  Same effect when it escapes, however.

> BTW, I have two younger brothers that are Federal employees. One in the
> DOJ, the other mans a fire station at a Veterans' Hospital campus.
> Raises for them have been few and far between. :(

Don't get me started.  :-(