Re: (ET) 36 to 14V

On 3 Jan 2013 at 9:13, RJ Kanary wrote:

> However many of us are NOT like the Federal Government. We can't
> spend other people's money that doesn't really exist.

Maybe I'm missing something here. Who was talking about spending other
folks' money, or nonexistent money?  Anybody here doing that?  When I buy
upgrades for my ETs, I write the checks myself.

Thanks to the widespread use of golf cars and burden carriers, there are
numerous options for generic 36 volt controllers and DC:DC converters.
AFAIK, most of these have been developed with private funds.

> And then there's that concern over that magic "Lucas Smoke" getting
> let out of such silicon devices.

Welll, if you buy Lucas electronics, then I guess you should expect
"prince
of darkness" performance. ;-)

But who does that? (Do Lucas even make controllers and DC:DC converters?)

With some possible exceptions in the surplus market, what you'll usually
find are bog-standard golf car and burden carrier parts. Most of these are
designed for industrial settings where downtime means lost profits.  If
selected and used with reasonable care, these parts are highly reliable.
don't see any reason for aversion to them.