Re: (ET) Replacement of the Elec-Trak.com site

George, I hope you will keep your site separate from the Elec-Trak site.

I have been involved in high tech since I was a child, since well
before the Elec-Trak was built... I was using computer networks years
before the Internet existed.  In that time I've come up with some
pretty good rules of thumb, but most of them are just modern
restatements of old chestnuts.

Your site is great, and does what it does incredibly well.  The
Elec-Trak site has a different focus, and the email list and Facebook
pages have different audiences.  If you were to combine any of these
you would just decrease the variety and availability of resources
available to people who want to work with these tractors.  Or to put
it another way, "don't reinvent the wheel" and "don't put all your
eggs in one basket."

I will never visit the Facebook page (I won't try heroin, either).  I
will never visit a web forum with any regularity.  The email list is
the best fit for me, and it's great for getting help, but your site
fills a completely different need - it's the definitive photo and
manual source site, organized for rapid access.

So, OK, if you want to reimplement the forum site, that doesn't seem
unreasonable.  But please don't move it to Facebook or combine it with
your site.  Preserve Elec-Trak site diversity!  ;)

--Charlie