Re: (ET) Batteries

On 15 Sep 2012 at 16:48, Robert Troll wrote:

> the EGC2 MAY not be as durable as the GC2 because there is less room
> between the bottom of the case and the plates. As gunk builds on the
> bottom
> they could short earlier.

On the other hand, a higher capacity battery may last longer simply
because
you're not discharging it as far with every use.

A good rule of thumb is to measure the amp-hours you usually use in a
typical day's work, and size the battery so its capacity AT YOUR NOMINAL
CURRENT is twice the amp hours.

Someone correct me if I err, but I think I recall that an ET chows down
around 60a when mowing.  SInce RC for a golf car batteries is calculated
at
75a, a rough but quite usable approach is to buy a battery with reserve
capacity that's close to double your required mowing time.  Your basic 105
minute battery should just about do it, which is probably no coincidence.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA