(ET) E15 motor is not a compound.

Just a quick data point: This afternoon I tried the following test on my
E15

Parked it, put in neutral, chocked wheel, took off brake
Started motor. Motor ran freewheel.
Stopped motor. Removed one of the field wires
Started motor. Did not move at all. No spinning, Pulled current.
Stopped motor. Reconnected field wire
Started motor. Motor ran normally.

Given that the motor will not run without a field, and given that taking the field off stops the motor, I can conclude that the E15 motor in my Elec-trak does *not* have a compensating field winding in series with the armature. The E20 does, as it's motor will turn without field (but it pulls a huge amount of power and has little power.

I think this is the difference between the E15 and E20; with the compensation field the motor will slow down under heavy load and provide more power.

Chris