Re: (ET) Curtis or any generic controller setup - Finally.‏

My other ET has three flooded lead acid batteries in it. I can tell you
already that the sealed Telecom batteries are stronger. The voltage drop
is less even though they have a smaller AH rating. They are rated for 10
years and we toss them after 4. I plan on adding an onboard maintenance
charger and using my external 3 bank bulk charger.

That tractor was completely trashed. Bent frame, cracked tires, bad rear
box, hood and side panels. And the motor was shorted. Fixed the motor.
Transmission was fine and more surprisingly the original drive belts were
not even cracked! Didn't realize how bad it was till I got too deep. It
just took on a life of its own.

I understand your sentiment. I cant fix that big black box like i can a
bad solenoid. But i do have a 2 year warranty and it can be sent out for a
rebuild. The alltrax has been around for ages and i have not heard any
complaints. I would not buy a new curtis for the ET. But used for a
hundred or so bucks i will take the chance. I would absolutely buy the
Alltrax new as there would be even less wiring and it has a history of
success and support.

My E15 is stock. I consider the E16 to be the best design. Who wants to
deal with cards just for the privilege of having slightly increased speed.
Mentally I have a design using those same relays to eliminate the cards.
Thinking of converting it to something along the lines of a 3 speed
"select-o-matic".

Most interesting thing about driving with the controller is that you
basically no longer need to change gears. I left it in 1 all day. Uphill,
downhill, towing.. Neither the motor or controller got anywhere close to
warm. Will be real interesting to hook up the amp meter and see what she
is pulling for power. The controller just gives you that micro fine speed
control that cannot be duplicated.

And I have already figured out a way to use only one micro relay. Which
will cut the wiring in half. So the dash will get pulled out once again.
Can't stress enough how much you can learn by digging into these machines
yourself. So simple once you figure it out.