Re: (ET) Question for Controller owners

You are being perfectly sensible.  I have a 5A fuse on the field (my E15 field should not draw more than 2A).  I also tap the field positive to supply voltage to the Curtis KSI through the seat switch.  Therefore, the curtis only turns on if the field has power, and only if the seat switch has weight on it.  It is just one of the many layers of safety to be designed into the vehicle.

David Brandt

From: Robert Troll <roberttroll hotmail com>
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Sent: Thursday, July 5, 2012 2:49 PM
Subject: (ET) Question for Controller owners

This is a question to anyone using a non-alltrax controller that is not using field weakening (36v straight to field)... It is my understanding that the field should use no more then 5 amps. Please correct me if wrong. I have looked at quite a few ckt diagrams for different controller installs and do not see any fuses on the field. Has anyone installed a 5A fuse on the field ckt? I am thinking of installing such a fuse, which if it blows, will turn off my solenoid killing all power to controller. Does this make sense? Am i being over cautious?