(ET) Another steering problem: clicking

Must be that time of year--another steering problem! My E12M has started making a very sharp, metallic sounding click, when I CHANGE direction. It's easily felt at the steering wheel but sounds like/ feels like it's coming from either the front or the back of the horizontal shaft. I've lubed the three zerks at the front, without effect. I've also sprayed some lube on the ball joints, though it doesn't feel like it's coming from this area.

Suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks.

Thon