(ET) Mowing, and Replacement Baffles

Until recently my E-15 had a rear-discharge deck with baffles, and my
mowing experience has been incredibly positive (it probably helps that
my standards are low--  I wasn't raised in a culture of lawns, and
tend to treat all 2 acres of grass I own as weeds).

This afternoon, however, several of the brackets which hold the
bracket onto the bottom of the deck snapped (rust and neglect), which
led to a horrible clanging sound as my newly-sharped blades started
cutting into the baffles.

Is the jury still out on the utility of these baffles?  Is there any
place I can get a replacement set?

regards,
jr