Re: (ET) My old I-5

Dean Stuckmann wrote:
> So I got out the heat gun and slowly pealed away the I-5 label to
> reveal the original badge. It was an I-1!
>
> Anyone else hear of such a thing? I heard of an I-2...

Very cool! The serial number gives it a "date of birth" of June 18, 1971
(with thanks to Larry Chace). This could make sense for a prototype.

Where is your serial number located? Is it under the hood on the side
panel near the top of the batteries and charger knob? Or on top of the
main console that holds the steering wheel and the switches for the lift
and lights etc?

I-2's have been found; I-3's had been on the drawing board at least; I-1's
have not been seen before that I have heard of. Now I'll have to get some
I-1 decals added to the store front :-)

Pictures, please! Serial number tag, front wheel fenders if it has any,
etc.

__
Jim Coate
www.ElectricTractorStore.com