Re: (ET) Wiring up a E12 motor for simple power source

Got'er done!
I used the other method of drilling a 1/16" hole through the brush and
poking a piece of bell wire through it until the end bell was almost
seated.
Somehow I buggered the centrifugal switch blade but it doesn¹t' seem to be
in my circuit anyway  and it does function somewhat.  One of the 6-32 X 2"
screws that held the centrifugal  switch cover on came off with a big bend
in it. Don't ask me how. But anyway, I found out that I had a bunch  that
size so I replaced both of them with new ones.
12 V still will run it smoothly.
So I brush painted a heavy coat of gray primer enamel over the rust on the
stator and the mounting bracket to fill in the pitting. Tomorrow I'll start
to design a mount to hold it vertically in the John Deere frame.
 Christopher Zach