(ET) Fw: GE Elec Trak

Good Day,
I recently joined this site. I'm in the process of restoring an Elec Trak E-15 and I would like to ask some of you for help.

The tractor isn't running and my plans are to:
    Replace the 6 batteries -can you advise which types to use.
    Replace the controller (Electric Tractor Store has that contactor and pot box for about $558.00) is this worth the money?
    Charge it off my solar system which is two 24 Volt 180 watt 5.5 amp panels which I'll wire into a 48 volt unit.
I need a converter that goes from 48 volts to 36 volt. Heard that a Solarex SC18 charger would work; However, I can't find any on eBay and thelastplaceyoulooked.com website doesn't work.

Any advice and cost/time savingsyou can give is appreciated.

 Thanks you,

 David D