Re: (ET) ET Deck Painting & Rust Converting

I have a front deck and I ALWAYS flip it upright and hose it down to clean

it, with the motors running. This is one of the main reasons I converted
my
New  Idea from a belly deck to the front mounted deck.

Some years ago, when I replaced the first bearings on the deck motors I
used some cheap bearings (~$8 or so) that were not sealed. When these
failed
during that same mowing season I realized that I needed to get sealed
bearings (~$18 as I recall). I also use a sealer around the edge of the
bearings, and make sure the rubber slinger rings are in place.

Erv Troyer
Lagrange, IN

Buried in a message dated 6/8/2011  was this statement by Chris: