From: john rieffel [mailto:rieffelj union edu]
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 6:24 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) Connecting a 36v (soneil) charger to E-15

I'd like to supplement (i.e. replace, but not remove) my stock E-15
charger with a soneil I bought about a year ago.

Working from the E-15 service manual, can anyone suggest the best place
to wire in the charger?  This is my first wiring job on my otherwise
fully functioning E-15, so I need to build up a bit of
courage to start poking around.   Despite what is ostensibly a
bachelor's degree in engineering, and a Ph.D. on top of that, I'm still
struggling to map the diagrams of the service manual to the physical
view of the device itself.

I imagine it's as simple as splicing the V+ and V- of the new charger to
their corresponding wirings coming out of the old charger, but I have no
idea where those are.

Thanks for your guidance!
jr