Re: (ET) Mounting a 26 Gal Spot Sprayer on an E-15

I think that weight is within reason, but I'd want to have something on front to balance it a bit. ie leave on the mowing deck, put the box with extra batteries up there, etc.

For power, could remember to switch which subset of batteries you are using every say 15 minutes, or use the DC:DC as suggested, or use a separate 12 volt battery as ballast up front. Or if it doesn't take much power, just tap one place and be sure to give a good equalization charge (ie turn the timer to run a bit longer).

john rieffel wrote:
Hi Trekkers,

I recently bought a 26 gallon spot sprayer (http://bit.ly/iRktKS) for
my small orchard, and would love to mount it behind my E-15.  The
dimensions are (LxWxH) 34 x 14 1/2 x 20 1/2.  Several questions come
to mind:

- Does any such "utility mount" for the ET exist?  I have a small
(1x2) rear-mounted box that I put weights in for the winter, and a
larger (2x2?) box that looks like it might fit a couple of 12v
batteries.

- I could make such a rack myself (or have a friend with a welder
make)?  ATV racks look like they're a dime-a-dozen, the trick would be
getting the two "prongs" which insert into the rear of the ET
attached.  I suspect I'm not the first person to try...

- is it a good idea to put roughly 250lbs of weight hanging off the
back of my E-15?  Can it support that kind of weight?

- Suggestions for powering this?  I recall warnings on the list about
running external devices off of subsets of an ET's batteries (and
thereby getting differential pack usage).   Am I safer off powering it
from one of my extra 12v marine batteries?

Regards,
jr