Re: (ET) drive train

Neil Dennis wrote:
Yup, they probably did take an ICE rig. Just like the JD E-90, changed out the gas motor for an electric and used the same tranny. 'Course then it was a standard 3 speec - and they let the motor run full speed with no speed control.

Which is a fine way to do things. I'm actually thinking that as soon as my Craftsman tractor motor dies I could just move the E12 motor from the pressure washer right to the tractor. Which would give me an electric with a mid-mounted deck and the bagger attachment. No need for speeds; just wire a single contactor to the "Run" position of the key switch. All the normal "kill" interlocks would stay in place (ie: seat, mower on , etc) and with a bit of thought you could require the contactor to engage by going to "Start" (which would require one to have the brake on to start the motor).

Except of course for the fact that I fixed that motor so it will last forever. *sigh*

Chris