Re: (ET) Napa Batteries?

You seldom will have any problem with the width and depth dimensions.
Batteries are pretty consistent there.  Where you sometimes may have
problems is height.  Clearance can be a problem in the rear battery box.

Some standard capacity batteries won't fit with if they have universal
posts
(the ones with threaded studs).  The answer is to order them with
automotive
(clamp-on) posts, or to hacksaw the studs off.

IIRC, the highest capacity batteries such as Trojan T-145 and US Battery
US-
145 are enough taller (about 5/8" that even without the studs they may not
fit  - not enough clearance to close the lid.

Here is a BCI size chart :

http://www.evdl.org/pages/bcigroup.html

Look at the last 2 lines and note that a GC2H (11 5/8" height) is a full
1"
taller than a GC2 (10 5/8" height).

In practice golf car batteries vary from the BCI standard in the height
dimension.  For example the "standard" USBMC U- 2200 battery is 11 1/4"
tall
with universal (studded) terminals.  The high capacity US-145 is 11 7/8"
tall.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA