Re: (ET) inverter/converter trippin breaker (was elec-trak projects)

David Roden wrote:
On 29 Apr 2011 at 15:06, Christopher Zach wrote:

a 14 inch chainsaw causes the 8a AC breaker to trip. I've thought of
replacing it with a 10a klixon or something, one of these days.

Eh, why not just put a penny under the fuse?  ;-)

Well, there is a fuse on the input side, and it's not an unlimited current source. Likewise I think the thing is rated to 10a, and klixon breakers are known to false trip as they get older.

Anyone else with a rotary inverter? Can they power a good 14 inch chainsaw? Do they trip a lot?

Chris